Let’s face it, every company on the planet is challenged with identifying, recruiting, and figuring out a way to keep their most productive employees. Companies need to keep adjusting their talent acquisition strategy just to keep up with market and technological changes. On the other hand, many organizations change their recruiting strategy daily to accommodate every new technology or “silver bullet” that comes their way – never mastering the tools they already have.
After more than 15 years in the business, I have seen organizations misspend hundreds of thousands of dollars on tools that will never be used, training programs that are not effective, and on recruiters who shouldn’t be recruiting in the first place (imagine that!). These same organizations often have managers who do not understand the value of a talent acquisition function and ultimately try and take hold of the recruiting process – usually ending in failure.
My extensive experience and unique approach can provide you with an un-biased assessment of your recruiting organization including people, processes, and ultimately results. Whether you are challenged with internal or external branding, candidate sourcing, candidate development, on-boarding, staff structure, or tool selection and use, I can assist your organization in developing and executing an effective recruitment strategy. The reality is that often the answers aren’t right in front of you and you need some help from those that have the knowledge and insight to provide good sound judgment and direction.
There is an old Chinese proverb that goes something like this: “Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.” As a consultant my goal is to provide the direction and training to each client organization that allows them to fish on their own. I have worked with companies including Cisco Systems, Starbucks, LexisNexis, Miller Brewing, and others, providing them with the lessons they needed to begin “fishing” much more effectively on their own. If you currently have issues or challenges (who doesn’t!) where you would benefit from my analysis or insight, email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 734-521-2800.
- Organization Development – Does your recruitment structure support the objectives of the organization?
- People Assessment – Do you have the right recruiters in the right seats?
- People Development – Does your talent acquisition staff need training? What kind?
- Internal Brand – How do you earn a seat at the leadership table? How do you earn the trust of your hiring managers?
- Technology – What do you have? What do you need? Are you using what you have the right way?
- Metrics – What do you measure success on? Are you preaching quality of candidate while measuring quantity of candidates?
- The Candidate Experience – What does your recruiting and on-boarding process tell each candidate and their 10,000 friends about your organization? (Scared you didn’t I?)
- Social Networking – Do you really know what’s going on here? How do you leverage it?
- Career Website – What does your career page really say about your organization?