The Investors Have SpokenDecember 27, 2016
We all have a story to tell!June 16, 2017
An entrepreneur has the desire to start and build a successful business. Although the payoffs can be enormous, the drive, dedication and willingness to sacrifice in the short term for long term success is critical. Beyond that, having a roadmap to guide your journey is critical. Following are 20 things to consider on your way to becoming a successful Entrepreneur.
- Do what you enjoy or learn to enjoy.
- Take what you do seriously.
- Have a plan for everything – Get and stay organized.
- Manage money wisely.
- Master the art of the deal – Ask for the sale.
- Remember it’s all about the customer.
- Become a shameless self-promoter (without becoming obnoxious).
- Project a positive business image – Web, social, print.
- Get to know your customers and their real needs.
- Level the playing field with technology.
- Build a top-notch external support team – attorney, accountant, PR rep, etc.
- Become known as an expert – focus on your reputation.
- Create a competitive advantage.
- Invest in yourself – health, mind, etc.
- Be accessible – but not too accessible!
- Listen and then sell solutions.
- Get involved in your industry, community, etc.
- Get and stay organized.
- Take time off.
- Limit the number of hats you wear – hire those smarter than you!